Garment industry is directly concerned with the end users and it also meets the basic needs of the people. This industry operates in highly competitive and complex environment and it has created the rapid changes in the environment and most of the people like to buy the readymade garments, which are available in the market. The fashion brands create new designs and styles of their garments and they can attract their clients. With the change in weather, the dresses are also changed and the garment industry has ample opportunity to look for the suitable dresses.
The industry has scope to design the dresses for men, women and kids in both genders. They need to adopt the effective strategy to prepared the garments and provide them in the market in short time. The brands look for the modern and latest trend of the dresses according to the seasonal demand and they also take care of the needs of the clients. Huge number of people associates with this sector and they are busy in preparing new and trendy dresses in the garment industry. In the garment industry, the western wear dresses are found in the stitched pattern and people do not have tension to get these dresses stitched from the tailors.
Garment Industry SWOT Analysis
Garment Industry Strength
• In the garment industry, the dresses are prepared according to the new designs and styles, so that people feel them up to date by wearing these dresses.
• The garment industry leaves good impact over the buyers and these are available in stitching styles.
• Various fashion brands are preparing the dresses with the best and unique styles.
• Some time people have short time to get prepared their dresses, so readymade garments are good option to buy from the market in short time.
• The good quality fabric is used in the dresses, which can ensure the satisfaction of their clients.
• In the garment industry, the designs of the dresses are changed from time to time and people find new designs in the next seasons.
• The garment industry also helps to cover the ecological needs.
Garment Industry Weaknesses
• The people find the high prices of the garments, which are found in stitched pattern.
• Garments are made in different models but they are prepared in short number.
• The increasing rates of fuels and energy can have negative impact over the dresses.
• Some fashion brands use substandard or low quality fabric for preparation of the dresses.
• The designs and styles of the garments are short lived and new designs are introduced in the next season.
Garment Industry Opportunities
• Almost all of the fashion brands try new designs in every season and occasion, so it can flourish easily and on the higher level.
• Garment industry can prepare the garments and provide them in the market in short time.
• The fashion designs use fabric, which can be suitable with the weather condition.
• The designers should prepare their email catalogue to reveal their garments and spread them at the large number.
• The leading fashion brands prepare their online shop to give it extensive exposure on the internet.
• The brands should give focus on the labor and maintain their cost to avoid extra expenditure on manufacturing of garments.
• The brands should maintain their distribution channels so that they can provide their garments in the market in short time.
Garment Industry Threats
• Some brands prepare similar dresses at low cost.
• The new and latest technology should be used in the garment industry.
• Various competitors have latest and sustainable distribution channels, which can be great threat for the fashion brands.
• The lack of use of modern technology in garment industry can affect the supply of garments.
In the garment industry, people start business for the provision of excellent quality dresses to their clients at the very affordable rates. The new designs and styles are made in the dresses, which can make them attractive and impressive. The fashion brands in the garment industry need to fulfill the requirements of their clients, as they buy these garments in unique and different stitching styles.
The garment industry helps to provide the garments in different segments of the society. The brands prepare the garments for all segments and most of the time; they hit upper class, upper middle class and middle class. The garments are provided to their potential clients in unique styles, which can grab the attention of the clients.
The garments are provided to the clients in all big cities and also in the towns, where middle and upper middle class is present. Now people check the quality of fabric and they can buy such dresses according to their own sizes and the brands can provide them at the reasonable rates. All big fashion shows are conducted in big cities and the brands set up their outlets in the big cities but some garments are available in all leading outlets of the city.
Product Differentiation and Positioning
In the garment industry, the eastern and western dresses are prepared for their customers. They check the quality of garments and select the best one for them. The brands need to prepare garments for men, women, baby boys and baby girls. Most of the garments are prepared according to the age of the kids as there is great demand of the children to wear dresses in different sizes. The brands need to check different markets and know their trends and such dresses are made available at fair prices but the stitching process is difficult and costly, if you buy the fabric and get them stitched from the tailors.
The brands know the placement of their garments, so they made their garments available in all big and small fabric stores. The big stores have costly garments, which are surely made with good quality fabrics and the dresses with low prices, are made from low quality fabrics and these are available at the small stores.
The brands have their own pricing strategy and they provide their garments at different prices. Some well known and leading brands cost heavily, which is not affordable for the middle class customers but other brands demand less price from their clients on their garments. In the price of the garments, the price of fabric, tax charges and other allied charges are included.
The big fashion brands use the advertisement to make their brand famous and popular and they also made announcement for the promotion of the garments. They can also announce some incentives with the sale of their garments, which can grab attention of its clients.
When you make the marketing strategy in garment industry for the supply of garments, it is necessary that you have enough knowledge of the market, so that you can penetrate in it. The brands should have sustainable and excellent distribution channels, which can help to provide the garments to the clients in short time. The company should make necessary measurements for making the investments in its market. The company can also do the survey in the market, so that they can know the new marketing trends and the designs of the dresses are varied from year to year.
Return of Investment
As far as the investment in the garment industry is concerned, the brands have to allocate funds for the garments as the fabric prices, labor charges and other charges are also included. They can get good return over their investment by selling their garments.