Johnson & Johnson is the leading and biggest pharmaceutical company, which is operating in over 60 countries around the world but it is providing its product in around 200 countries. The company has maintained its effective marketing strategy, which has made it world leading and most sophisticated company of the world. The women like to buy the products of this company, as they have great trust and satisfaction over the quality of this company. The company is mainly deal in three major segments, which are pharmaceutical, consumer products and medical devices & diagnostic. Initially, the company was dealing with the preparation of antiseptic wound treatment and it has created the first aid kit for the treatment of the wounded people. Then it was transformed in Public traded company and it started preparation of health care products.
In the pharmaceutical segment, the company is busy in the manufacturing of anti-infective, cardiovascular, neurology, immunology, gastrointestinal, oncology, pain management, contraceptive and metabolic medicines. In the medical devices segments, the products are included with bio surgical, general surgery, professional diagnostic, neurology, Orthopaedics, infection prevention and the disposable contact lenses. In the consumer segment, the products of baby care, skin care, oral care, nutritionals, wound care, over to the counter pharmaceutical and women health fields are included.
Johnson & Johnson SWOT Analysis
Johnson & Johnson Strength
• Johnson & Johnson is the trusted brand names among its customers.
• The company has already got the award of ‘2011 Humanitarian of the Year’ on the quality of its products, including healthy mother and healthy child.
• The brand has been working for the working mother and it is included in top 100 companies, which have been busy for last 26 years.
• The brand is giving concentration on its advertising policy for promotion of its products.
• The effective distribution channel helps the brand to spread its products in all markets around the world.
• Johnson & Johnson has maintained its vast product portfolio.
• The personal care products have good reputation among women.
• Johnson & Johnson made partnerships with about 250 subsidiaries companies and it has started its operation in 60 countries and its products are available in about 200 countries across the world.
Johnson & Johnson Weaknesses
• Johnson & Johnson is the global brand and it has to face problems in maintaining its reputation.
• When market is fluctuated, then there is problem to maintain its distribution network.
• The retailers sell its products in the local market. If they are expired then it leave bad impact on its users.
Johnson & Johnson Opportunities
• Johnson & Johnson gets the acquisition of small companies in the market for the provision of its products to other companies in the local markets.
• The company needs to carry out agreements with local smaller companies to show the wide level of brand presence.
• The company needs to introduce portable products, so that they can shift from one place to other easily.
• The brand needs to have access to the rural areas through extension in its distribution channel and get extensive market.
Johnson & Johnson Threats
• The company believes in massive advertisement of its products, which can make its products casual and cheap.
• There are some fake brands, which use its name to produce their products and it can damage its reputation.
• The cheap and substandard products in market can affect its reputation.
• The less educated people can attract to the products of similar qualities having inferior quality and they are available at fewer rates.
Johnson & Johnson is the leading company, which is providing its products to its clients and it has maintained its distribution channel for the provision of their products to the customers in time. The company is going to increase the number of products in pharmaceuticals, personal health care and in the medicines. The company is taking initiatives for the provision of its products in various markets in the emerging economies to increase its customer base.
The company is doing business in three main segments, in which personal care, medicine and pharmaceuticals are included. The products of these big segments are prepared and these are also provided to the clients in their local markets. The brand has maintained its different departments to create innovation in its products and these products are prepared after extensive study in the research field.
The big markets in the emerging economies are needed to be tapped for the provision of products of this company. The innovative and unique products of the company needed to be introduced to its potential clients. The company carries out surveys in different markets to know the necessity of the products and provide them in their consumer markets.
Product Differentiation & Positioning
Johnson & Johnson manufactures its products in pharmaceuticals, consumer products and medical devices and diagnostics. Various products in these segments are made with the latest technology and it gives health and care to the clients. The company is the market leader in provision of such products and it is creating awareness among its clients about such products. The clients can get these products for their better look after and it will enhance health and care to the clients.
The products of the company are available in all big markets and economies. The company is providing its products in all developed and developing countries. The effective distribution channel of the company is responsible for the timely provision of its products and it can enhance its sale to earn more revenue from its different business expeditions.
Johnson & Johnson has the effective pricing strategy and it has to expand on the manufacturing of products, to carry out research work through its R&D department and the taxes are also included. So the company has to set its prices with marginal profit and try to provide its products to its clients at the very reasonable price.
Johnson & Johnson promotes its products in domestic and international markets through its effective advertising campaigns. The company provides necessary brochure, pamphlets and other ads in print and electronic media. The online information about the company and its products is also given for the guidance of the consumers.
Johnson & Johnson is the global brand and it is going to tap new emerging markets for the supply of its personal care, pharmaceutical and diagnostic products and wants to extend its market. The company will introduce some new products in the market so that they can spread among its clients and they will also generate more profit. The company wants to maintain its customer base and keep them in touch with its newly and trusted products.
Return on Investment
The company spends amount on the manufacturing of its products, then get them advertised through media and also provide all necessary information on its website. The company wants to get the profit over its invested amount. In this way, the company earns its profit and makes its financial position strong and trust worthy.